- Video - Coronavirus Virus Avengers with Dr. Jean
- FREE Educational Activities from ABCs to ACTS at From ABCs to ACTS
- FREE Online Books for Pre-K to Teen from Audible
- FREE Weekly Faith Formation Resources for all ages from Illustrated Ministries
- Digital Concert Hall
- Virtual Tours of Museums
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- TIME for Kids Digital Library FREE
- Talking with kids about Coronavirus from the CDC
- What to Say to Your Child About the Corona Virus from Aha Parenting
- How to talk to your kids about Coronavirus from PBS
- 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus
- Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic
- John Hopkins Center for Health Security COVID-19 Newsletter Its daily briefing is thorough and seems to try and stay out of politics. Quality information.
St. Paul's offers Sunday School class during the school year for Pre-K thru Grade 6 on Sundays, starting in worship and finishing in the classroom by 10:45 AM. A nursery is available year-round for age 0-3. All children begin in the sanctuary sitting with their families for worship. A children's bulletin and colored pencils are available at the main sanctuary entrance. Kids age 0 to Grade 6 are invited to the front for "Time with Children." After the lesson, all ages go to class or the nursery. Children are also welcome to stay in worship and try Sunday School when they're ready.
The classroom and nursery are located in the hallway just outside of the sanctuary. Parents pick-up their kids from the classroom and nursery.
Our goal is to give children and families a chance to experience the wisdom and the wonder of the stories of our faith; to be in service together to our neighbors. We aim to provide lessons and experiences that teach and model the Gospel call to love: To love God with all of your heart, soul, strength and mind; to love your neighbor as yourself, which also means loving yourself; and to figure out what it means to follow Jesus. Annual events that we look forward to include the Advent Workshop, Christmas and Easter programs, Scout Sunday, Holy Week Walk & Easter Egg Hunt, Blessing of the Backpacks, Blessing of the Animals, Grandparents Tea, and the Burlington-Hampshire CROP Walk.
All Christian Education volunteers including nursery staff receive background checks per the guidelines of the United Church of Christ Safe Church Policy.
"Faith experienced at an early age is the foundation for all other growth. The good news we share with our children has the power to transform lives and revitalize communities. So, let's prepare the ground for a new tomorrow, send down roots anchored in love. Let's sow in them seeds of mercy and plant them by the river of life."
From Spark: Activate Faith:
"Every Sparkhouse project begins with a spark - an idea, an inspiration, a glowing reminder of what the Spirit of God is up to."
Children are invited to participate in worship and are encouraged to participate in the life of the church during the rest of the week too!